A day of museums with a toddler - Part 1

Tuesday, October 22, 2013


I know, am I nuts? Last month was my birthday and since it fell on a Wednesday and my husband obviously had to work, Roman and I packed up and headed downtown to explore the city. I am a huge fan of Andy Warhol who was born and raised in Pittsburgh, and we have an outstanding museum displaying his work. 

Roman is on a very loose schedule which is both a blessing and a pain in the butt. We can usually be out over nap time and he will fit his naps in either in the car or stroller... But I must admit I was a little worried about taking a baby to a museum as most people go there for silence. 

We started our day early arriving downtown around 9:30am. We strolled around the museum and Roman really enjoyed all of the color and of course people watching. No cameras are allowed in the Warhol museum but I was able to snap this one on the way out. 



Knit the bridge was up on the Warhol bridge so we walked across to check it out.



We also walked down to the Point so Roman could hop out of his stroller, stretch his legs and eat some mulch. 



According to the 4moms origami odometer, we walked 5 miles by that point, Roman was itching for a nap and I was hungry. Most normal moms would head home around that point.... Not us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger