Little Boy Style

Thursday, October 24, 2013

At our 20 week ultrasound when the technician told us we were having a boy, I cried... Not necessarily the good tears. Are you sure? 

Don't get me wrong.... A healthy baby was leaps and bounds most important but I was convinced we were having a girl. I don't watch sports, and I bought WAY too many little girl items in the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy because I WAS having a girl! 

Looking back now, I can add that to my very long list of being thankful for unanswered prayers. I LOVE being a boy mom... Especially to my little guy. I wouldn't trade him and his already stinky little boy traits for anything in the world. 

I was then facing a new challenge, what is he going to wear?! Girl clothes are rather easy, it's all cute! But boys, eh not so much. I don't really like the matchy matchy sets and I definitely don't like baby bow ties. I just don't. Though I am sure some people look at Romans outfits and think I dress him like a clown... But I just can't get enough of the moccasins, printed leggings and hippy shirts. 

At the objection of most family and friends we are in the process of growing Romans hair out with no end in sight. I just love longish hair on little baby boys!!! 

Here are a few of my very favorite items for little gentlemen... 



Top Left: Baby gap sweater, Target jeans, Baby Gap slip on tennis shoes
Top Right: Baby Gap sweater, Old Navy jeans, Chuck Taylor tennis shoes
Bottom Left: Zara baby sweater, Salt City Emporium leggings, Freshly Picked moccs
Bottom Right: Baby Gap sweater one piece, Target boots

Here is Roman in some of our favorites...



We are finally getting to the point where I like how he looks in jeans but he is a little husky (92% in weight) and he just doesn't like them.

Freshly Picked Moccs are my most favorite baby item ever. They are perfect for when they are learning to walk. The leather protects their little feet but is so soft and allows them to move. They also stay on their feet well. When you flip them over after some use, they have a sweet little keepsake of their footprint. I bought the first pair thinking "just this once" then found myself ordering every size since. I plan on framing them each in little shadow boxes in our bedroom so you can see the sweet little print on the bottom. 




What do you like to dress your little men in the most?? 

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with baby gap and Romans style is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger