An Afternoon Date

Thursday, December 12, 2013

I've been on the hunt all season for the best hot cocoa in Pittsburgh. The Inn on Negley is at the top of everyone's list, but it is also more exclusive than Harvard. They are reservation only, and booked days in advance with most of their availability being between 2:30 and 4:00 aka nap time. I could work Roman's nap around that time, but with all these rules, I am a little scared that it is a bit too hoity toity for a toddler and I wouldn't want to spoil any of the other guests tea time. Fancy hot chocolate and cookies may have to wait until next year. 

Today we did find a close second at The Coffee Tree in Mt Lebanon. I LOVE The Coffee Tree for so many reasons, but one of the main reasons is all the memories we have there. I used to live on the same street the whole time I dated Michael and we would walk down after dates for coffee and dessert. I would also stop there every morning before work. It was just a special time in life filled with so many good memories.

This was Romans first visit and also his very first real cookie... A gingerbread man! I had the candy cane mocha which was AMAZING. We missed Michael as always but it was a perfect little date with my other little man.

Here's hoping everyone has a great weekend! Xo, Amy 






2 comments:

  1. Cookie looks good, cute little coffee shop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only date I ever want to be with is b! Nothing like a mama+baby date!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger