DIY Stocking Stuffer: Magnetic Fabric Letters

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I have been eyeing up these awesome magnetic fabric letters for nearly a year, and now that Roman is finally old enough to get te concept, they quickly moved to the top of his Christmas list. I am pretty good at sewing and love taking on a DIY project whenever I can, so I decided to tackle this DIY project myself. 
 



I actually followed a tutorial from one of my favorite blogs HERE. It was extremely easy, just monotonous. I had the fabric and felt left over from previous projects, and the pack of magnets cost $6. Much better than the $60 price tag. 



Simply trace the letter cut outs to the fabric which I folded in half over a small piece of felt.


I then sewed around the edge with a magnet inside. Use pinking sheers to trim the letter after it was sewn. You can use fray glue at the end but I chose not to since I am pretty sure we will lose all the letters before wearing them out.

 
I love making things homemade when I can, and this was such an easy project that I am thankful I did it myself over dropping a lot on them. Next I plan on making numbers and shapes to eventually go with them.
 
xo, Amy


2 comments:

  1. Love this and the colors you chose, and love that you thought my version was helpful! Great stocking stuffer too!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger