DIY Stocking Stuffers: Wooden Olli Blocks

Friday, December 20, 2013

found these wooden Olli blocks on instagram a few months ago and fell in love. They make a great learning toy for toddlers and I just had to have them for Roman. Unfortunately, you can't purchase them ready made, but it was such a simple project that anyone could make. 
 


First, I had Michael cut a 2x2 of wood into 16, 2inx2in square blocks. He also cut 12, 2inx1in squares. 


I sanded all sides and filed down the edges until they were nice and smooth. 


We used our home printer and printed the file on normal card stock. I then cut out each of the characters. 


We used good old Elmer's (non-toxic) clear glue and a foam brush to adher them to the wood blocks. Once they dried a bit, I coated them with another layer of glue on all 4 sides. 


Finally, I used wood glue to glue magnets to the back of the 2x1 blocks. 





This was such a simple project and the caravan shoppe has so many different seasonal characters you can can purchase. You can check out their shop HERE

Enjoy your weekend! xo, Amy 

4 comments:

  1. Love the magnet idea! I made the fairy tale blocks for a Secret Santa exchange and just made a set for Ashlynn this week. Maybe I'll get a different set and make the magnets, great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! What a fabulous diy project, and great gift for the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnets...what a GREAT idea! I so totally almost bought those blocks too and now that I see your cute project, I'm kicking myself! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! They have actually been quite a hit around here!

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger