Dining Room Update

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I feel like I finished this project forever ago, and was just left waiting on the two 12x12 prints to come in. Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to find 12x12 square prints? Next to impossible and SO SO expensive. Thanks ikea for your fabulous but odd sized frames. I ended up going with 11x14 prints from Shutterfly (hence why they are a little short.) It ended up being like $40 cheaper that way for the pair. I am going to buy new matting but wanted to share pictures since they finally came in. 



I started with the dining room project since I had no idea how painting with a toddler would go. Fortunately, I am a ninja painter and Roman takes a three hour nap most afternoons which was all I needed. Good baby.

Here are a few before pictures. In my defense, Michael chose the goofy lavender color. I never liked it but we weren't even engaged at the time so I tried to go along with some of his choices. I always forget to take before pictures and this was no exception so these photos were after I moved the buffet and started painting. I swear this room never gets used and is rarely messy like this. 



And the after....









We went with Behr Toasted Almond for the walls and Decorator White for the trim. Our furniture is hand-me-down twice over that I stripped and restainded in my past life BR (before Roman.) back then it was completely possible to spend an entire week outside attached to heavy chemicals and a sander. It originally was a deep red mahogany. I reupholstered the chairs with black fabric and will share an easy tutorial later this week. Michael framed our windows with trim, since they came unfinished by the builder. They light fixture we installed shortly after moving in. We purchased it from Overstock. The drift wood, blue frame and lamps are from Homegoods. The white shell frame is from pier 1 like three years ago. The mirror is thrifted from an antique shop. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love the updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice transformation! I would have never thought about the window trim - but what a difference it makes!

    xx Viv

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger