Stan's Famous Chili

Sunday, January 12, 2014

I am pretty sure every man thinks their chili recipe is actually famous, but my dad makes killer chili worth sharing. (Of course, what isn't good with a half bottle of honey and 5 scoops of sugar, and by scoops I mean like 5 - 1/3 cup scoops. Hello diet!) 


This recipe is super simple and only improves the longer you let it simmer. I apologize in advance for the measurements. As you can see, Stan's measurements are rather amazing (four shakes of chili powder and three squeezes of ketchup. Very accurate.) We tend to follow the more is more motto on this recipe.  


3lbs of ground beef (cooked and drained)
1lb of ground pork (cooked and drained)
4 onions (diced and cooked until soft)
4 bell peppers (diced and cooked until soft)
3 banana peppers (diced and cooked until soft)
4 cans of diced tomatoes
4 cans of chili beans (2 mild and 2 medium)
A half a bottle of honey
5 scoops of sugar (I used a 1/3 measuring cup to do the scoops)
4 shakes of chili powder
3 squeezes of ketchup (approx 9 tablespoons)
1 squeeze of yellow mustard (approx 3 tablespoons)
*Minced garlic (3 cloves)
*Tomato paste (one can)

*Optional 

Combine in a large pot and simmer for several hours. Makes approximately 10-12 servings. 





Best served with a 6 pack of Yuengling and a loaf of warm bread. Enjoy! 


4 comments:

  1. I love Chili, and yours looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy!
    I love following along on your blog and just wanted to let you know that i nominated you for the Liebster Award! All the details are on my blog :)
    xoxo
    Dallas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you!!! I AM LOVING YOUR BLOG! I am so excited to share my answers! Thank you!

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger