MIA and Catching Up

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Every post this winter seems to start with a groan on how crappy this winter has been, hence the lack in posting. We've been snowed in most of this winter and have even only visited our beloved library a couple times since we continue to wake up to snow storms. Today, we finally got back on schedule meeting my sister in law and nephew for a fun little play date. It felt good to get out of the house to do something other than errands. 



^^ that little face, he recently learned to snort so that is ALL HE DOES. 

In other news, I am making major progress on the kitchen. All of the top cabinets are now painted and about a third of the bottom are now done. This project blows for lack of better words. It's very time consuming and is very difficult to block a toddler off from the open cabinets on the bottom. They are turning out great though, and for only about $100 in paint I am thrilled with the update. After seeing sections complete, I am reconsidering changing out the countertops to wood. While the wood would look much better, I am still a little concerned about durability. I am not hating how the laminates are looking as much as I assumed I would. In 5 years or so we plan on gutting the kitchen and installing more custom cabinetry and stone countertops, so as a temporary fix, I am happy with how things are turning out. 



Roman's passport also finally arrived. Poor kid looks like a French terrorist. How much longer until I can hold a napping baby by the pool while drinking a piña colada??


Here are a few leftovers on my camera roll to share. My paint brush is calling my name... I promise to return to more regular posts soon!

^^new bath time friends. 

^^ Hurricane Roman has made his way through every room in our house... Shortly after I took this photo he found my Tupperware container filled with glitter and glitter bombed the whole upstairs. 






2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha French terrorist I'm DYING!!! He does lol!!! Where are you going???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To the atlantis in the Bahamas!!! Mama needs a piña colada

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger