3 years

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I can't believe Michael and I are celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary today. It seriously seems like just yesterday that I saw him walking through the halls at work, and without even knowing his name told my work girlfriend that I am going to marry him. I'm grateful he was also thinking the same thing. Every year since we met we've had something going on, dating, engaged, newlyweds, pregnancy, then a newborn. This will actually be our first year of just normal... If you can ever call anything with a toddler normal. I hate to say the first three years of marriage have been a breeze but they really have.... Hopefully the next 50+ follow suit. I married a good, good man who doesn't have a mean bone in him. He does the right thing 100% of the time. He is fair. He is smart. He is handy. He is handsome. He is the funniest person I know. I am so proud of how hard he works (even though I nag him often how late he stays at work.) He is the most determined person I know. I couldn't be more thankful to wake up next to him every day. When I saw him for the first time at work, I never could have imagined how wonderful Michael would really end up being. I love him more than he will ever know.




Here are a few pictures from our big day.... We had a destination wedding at the Atlantis in the Bahamas with 28 of our closest friends and family. We were absolutely floored that so many people made it down for our special day. I can't tell you how many times I think of everyone (my best friends especially) traveling down there and how it brings a tear to my eye. It meant the world to us and still does. 



We had our welcome dinner at Bimini Road where we were surprised with a Junkanoo band. 



Our ceremony at Palm point. 




Cocktail hour and dinner and dancing at the Royal Overlook. 




Anyone remember the shots song? Well 3 years ago it had just come out... And they played it constantly down there... It was the unofficial anthem of our wedding. I don't usually drink.... But I may have thrown up in my wedding dress that night... (And much of the next day) Bahama mama's.... (Fist shaking to the sky.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger