Freshly Picked Moccasin Review

Monday, July 7, 2014



The most common question I get emailed is where I get Roman's clothes. While I don't normally dress him too over the top, I do shop around A LOT to find the same sorts of things I would dress my husband in. (Minus the leggings.... But I just LOVE the little man leggings!) Toddlers are also way more rough on clothes than I ever imagined so I try my best to find things either a) extra affordable or b) extra durable. Which brings me to one of our favorite brands, Freshly Picked Moccasins. 




Over two years ago, when I found out we were expecting a boy I remember seeing a pair of moccs on Rachel Zoe's son and needing to have a pair, no matter what the price. I figured they would be our keepsake "splurge item" he would wear occasionally then we would stick in a box and "oo and ahh" over in the years to come thinking of his sweet little pudgy feet squished inside. I was pleasantly surprised after a little research to see they were only $45 (they are now $60 but still worth every penny I promise.) I chose a neutral color (sand suede) and patiently waited for my purchase. When they arrived I was thrilled with the quality... But didn't truly know how special they were until Roman arrived and was able to start wearing them. I ordered a size two, and they didn't start to fit him until he was about 6 months old, which worked well since we kept him mostly barefoot or in socks until he started crawling / walking. The soft soles I truly believe are what made him such a strong walker from the very start. They are still the only shoes that stay on his feet 100% of the time, yet are so easy and quick to get on and off. Most importantly they are quite durable. We are now on our 5th pair only purchasing new when he's outgrown a pair. He has yet to this day, ware through the leather even with how active he is and almost daily use. Anyone who has an active toddler knows how quickly they can run through anything.... But these have stood up to the test... The Roman test that is. 




Now on to my favorite part.... The unexpected surprise. I purchased these not only as first walking shoes but as a keepsake and they are just that. As your little one puts them to use, their footprint wears into the bottom. A perfect little dirty footprint. I LOVE it so much that instead of hiding them in a box to pull out in 10 years, I decided to display the outgrown shoes in shadow boxes. 



Like I said, these shoes lasted and would likely last through baby #2 way, way in the future... But I'm keeping these as a memento for this time in Roman's life. As successful as Susan of FP has been, I am sure she will be around when baby #2 does come around for us to start the tradition again. 



Thank you to Freshly Picked for sending us our most recent pair for this review.... We've been long time fans! 

2 comments:

  1. The little footprint on the bottom is too cute. Might have to splurge on a pair for baby girl (on the way). They are just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute! I just posted our FP review and a giveaway too! The little footprints - too sweet! Love the shadow box idea!

    xx Viv at JoieDeViv

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger